Monday, June 23, 2014

My Week of Skinnytaste Meals

Since being introduced to Skinny Taste, I have loved creating many of Gina's recipes. My favorite part about her blog, most of her creations are foods that I actually want to eat. Hello, healthy alternative to my favorite buffalo chicken wrap. She also includes the nutritional information such as serving size and calories which I find helpful when tracking my meals.

Last week, in attempt to be health conscious, frugal, and savvy with my time, I prepared all of my meals for the week on Sunday and used Skinny Taste as my inspiration.

I started the week with her Skinny Buffalo Burger Quesadilla recipe. Oh my yummsicles! This recipe was not only incredibly delicious, it was really easy and took maybe 15 minutes to make. I love an easy, quick meal especially during the week.


I also made her turkey taco recipe and used it for various recipes throughout the week. Of course, I started with the Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps (mine came out more like a lettuce bowl) but I also used the turkey to make a salad, a quesadilla, and served it one night over brown rice topped with pico. So delicious and I never got tired of eating it.


Since I had purchased bison, I decided to make another burger last week. I went with her Salsa Verde Burger recipe and it was beyond flavorful. I skipped out on the cabbage and avocado (of course) but before you judge too quickly, I served the burger on a lettuce bun! I topped it with some of the left over pico from the quesadilla burger recipe for a little extra flavor. I will definitely be making these again. My mouth is watering even writing about it.


I am excited to try new recipes for this week's meal planning. She has so many to choose from and is even releasing a cook book soon. I can't wait! Follow along on Instagram to see what I create!

Hens is disappointed because aside from the occasional dropping on the floor, he had to stick with his dog food for the week! Ruff life.

Happy Eating!

xoxo,

Danielle & Henry

2 comments: