Monday, June 30, 2014

The All My Favorite Things Cookies

If there is one thing I inherited from my Dad (besides his stubbornness) it would be his love of sweets. If I had to rank my favorite sweets, it would be chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, and birthday cake respectively. As the holiday weekend is quickly approaching, I thought it would be appropriate to share (sorry for the lack of a better name) the All My Favorite Things Cookies which earned their name for combining traditional chocolate chip cookies with Oreos and birthday cake.


I first discovered these Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies on Instagram and instantly had to try them out. They were delicious! I strongly recommend using her recipe but if you happen to forget it, I have followed the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough recipe before (minus the nuts because those are not one of my favorite things) and modified the flour portion so that it was 1 1/4 cup of dry cake mix and 1 cup of flour.


Now, life was feeling pretty good with the combination of chocolate chip cookies and cake batter but I was still torn between the cookies and my love of Oreos. I then spotted these while browsing Pinterest (never, ever search for chocolate chip cookie Oreos on Pinterest.) 


I thought I would venture off of the recipe map and try to create Oreo cookies covered in chocolate chip cake batter cookies. Brilliant! I had a small fear that my creation would end up on a site like this, but spent some time researching how to make this dream a reality. The trick, once you have covered the Oreo cookies (DoubleStuffed is the only way) with about 2-3 scoops of chocolate chip cake batter cookie dough, place the cookies in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. Once they are frozen, I usually bake mine for about 10-13 minutes and I watch them closely to make sure they keep their shape.


After they have cooled completely, the end result is heavenly. One time, I had some M&Ms lying around and decided to mix those with the sprinkles and chocolate chips (just to make sure my favorite candy was represented as well!) I now use them every time!


They are a crowd pleaser for holiday functions! Just add color coordinated sprinkles and M&Ms (red and green for Christmas, pink and red for Valentines, red, white and blue for the 4th of July) and use white chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate.

Eating one is probably the equivalent of eating 4 cookies total, but I promise it won't disappoint.

Happy Holiday Week! Let me know if you make the cookies. I would love to hear how they turn out.

xoxo,

Danielle & Henry

PS. If my career in recruiting does not work out, I think I have a future ahead of me in baked goods photography!

2 comments:

  1. Those look like amazing treats! They can even be a perfect giveaway this Christmas season. Anyway, it’s amazing that you were able to get the right texture on the Oreo-stuffed cookies. It can be a bit tricky, because there are times that it hardens too much and ruins the experience of eating it a little. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

    Jason Underwood @ La Patisserie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason! They are great for Christmas, I just use reg and green sprinkle! :) Glad you found them!

      Delete