Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom & Dad

I take gift giving very seriously. Probably overly so. I want the gift to be meaningful, personal, and original. Sometimes, I over think it so  much, I run out of time and have to go with something generic and then feel terrible about my mediocre gift.

My parents were born in the same hospital, one day apart. I usually combine their birthday gifts because trying to find a deeply personal, creative gift times two is way too stressful. I've planned special things in the past but I really feel like this year's gift set the bar high. I was thinking about how we have NEVER (and I mean NEVER) had professional photos done of our family. (Self taking photo booths do not count!) Since my family loves photos, I hired a professional photographer to come and take pictures while Hens and I were home for the 4th of July.

I searched around online for various Jacksonville photographers that specialize in dogs and found Petra and immediately loved her pictures. Once I read she she gives a portion of proceeds to animal rescues, I know she was a match! I thought about various locations around Jacksonsville but decided that our home would be best so the boys would be comfortable.

It was a blast! Unfortunately, the boys got tired really quickly (it was above 100 that morning) and so we did quite a few photos of my parents with their greatest gift, ME! :)











(Henry has difficulty sharing. I don't know where he gets it!)





I wore my favorite J.Crew Scalloped Dress, Mom was in an older Lilly Dress, and Dad was in Brooks Brothers. The boys had on their matching navy bow ties from Pecan Pie Puppies

Hopefully you enjoy the pictures as much as we do! Happy (late) birthday Mom and Padre! 

xoxo,

Danielle and Henry

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love! What a wonderful gift for your parents.

    ReplyDelete