Monday, August 4, 2014

Apartment Tour: Office

One of my favorite things about living alone, among many others, is decorating. Decorating takes time and patience. In my own fantasy world, I would have been able to decorate the apartment with about one month's worth of shopping sprees. Unfortunately for retailers, I don't have the bank account of an heiress and it took about a year and a half to get my apartment where I really want it. 

This room was originally designed to be a formal type of dining area but I thought it would be a more appropriate home for my over sized Pottery Barn desk that I love and refuse to part ways with.  I am definitely in need of a stylish place to pay bills, pin away on Pinterest, read articles, and write blog posts. 

This room is a healthy combination of Ikea meets Pottery Barn. I've had the desk since college and its no longer available at Pottery Barn but they have some similar alternatives if you're in the market for a new desk. The book case came from Ikea and yes, that is a book of Will and Kate on display. The scalloped pin board is actually from PB Teen. (It's not just for teens!) My desk accessories are courtesy of Ikea, Inslee, and Sugarpaper LA. 

I invite you to play a little game as I post more Apartment Tour features, how often do you spot an Inslee print? This room has Emily's Girl's on the book shelf, my very first Inslee print from over 3 years ago, and her calendar. I can't wait for 2015 to be released. 






Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo,

Danielle

4 comments:

  1. So pretty!! This has motivated me to organize and spruce up my office - something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Maybe then I'll want to be in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely need a pretty work place in order to be productive! :)

      Delete
  2. this a great accomplishment! i know it took me years to get my last apartment looking and feeling just right. now we just moved into a house and although we are pretty close to it feeling right (just need to paint) there is always something on the to-do list or a weekend project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There may be a wall or two that isn't featured since it's not quite where I want it to be... but where's the fun in a complete To Do list? Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete