Friday, August 29, 2014

Favorite TV Shows

I know I should be excited for the last big summer weekend, but I am more excited about all things fall which includes the return of some of my favorite TV shows. I went on a hiatus from TV shows for a few years and gave up on religiously following any of them. That has since changed and I thought I would share my favorites here. Since most shows will start with new episodes in late September/early October, it is the perfect time to start binge watching shows so you are ready for new episodes.


Scandal
This may be the most addicting show. Ever. In less than 3 weeks, I managed to watch close to 30 episodes which allowed me catch up with the second half of Season 3. Scandal takes places in Washington D.C. where Olivia Pope and her team of associates are fixers to an array of scandals that take place within the capitol city. I have a major girl crush on Olivia Pope from her fierce ability to say "It's handled" to her dreamy apartment and untouchable style. As much as I like to think of myself as OP, I know I am more of a Mellie, who is married to the ever so handsome President Fitzgerald Grant III. I've watched the entire series start to finish twice so far and am pondering doing it again before the Season 4 premier on my birthday! I'm convinced there is something I missed early on that will lead to a greater scandal.



Nashville
I love the city Nashville. Charlotte and Nashville were my top two cities for TFA and I considered moving there a year and a half ago after teaching. So it goes without saying that a show about Country Music that takes place in Nashville is high on my list. The characters are all so flawed yet you find a way to love them anyway. If you start from Season One, you will hate Juliet Barnes (played by Hayden Panettiere) then love her, hate for a bit, and then realize that you love her no matter what. Rayna James (played by Connie Britton) has the two cutest daughters (Lennon and Maisy) and I download all of their songs (as well as the rest of the soundtrack) as soon as they are available on iTunes. While most people watching the show love Deacon, it is of no surprise that I love the Mayor of Nashville, Teddy Conrad. So much has happened sine Season 1 and there have only been two seasons.



Girls
One of my favorites is HBO's Girls. Of course, I am impressed that Lena Dunham was able to create, write, produce, and star as the main character of the show. While I don't have too much in common with her character, Hannah, I absolutely adore Marnie and Shoshanna. From Marnie singing Stronger by Kayne to Sosh's insane style, I can't get enough of this one.



The Newsroom 
I LOVE the news. I literally always have the TV on to some news channel and can be obsessive with following stories. I pondered a career in broadcast journalism but after my short hobby of making news stories as extra credit assignments in middle school, I think its best for everyone that I stayed off of the air. Anyways, I have watched The Newsroom and hysterically laughed from the character's awkwardness and then sobbed during the episodes on Maggie's trip to Africa. I love following Mac and Will and their watching their relationship evolve. I'm obsessed with Sloan and want to be her best friend although, I am pretty sure she would have zero desire to spend a significant amount of time with me. I think the season premiering this fall will be the last season, which is disappointing if you follow it regularly. I can't wait to see how it ends.


Real Housewives 
There is always a Real Housewives of Wherever on Bravo but I love the fall because it means the return of my absolute favorite girls, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. This was the first housewives show I watched and the only one I follow religiously. I just can't wait for the girls although, it may not be till November.

A long weekend is perfect for bing watching TV shows. If you are like me with 10+ hours of plane rides ahead of you, TV shows make the perfect in flight entertainment.

Enjoy the long weekend!

xoxo,

Danielle

1 comment:

  1. If you want an obscure TV series, you might want to go to the website of the channel where the show originally aired to see if they are selling the series exclusively through the channel website.
    best tv theme songs

    ReplyDelete