Friday, August 8, 2014

Weekly Reading

A lot of Bloggers that I follow post on Fridays with weekend reading. I always look forward to Friday posts and catching up on all of the interesting articles and videos floating around from the week. I thought I would give it a try and share some of the readings I have been keeping up with this week. Happy Friday!



I am beyond impressed to read about what Shiza Shahid is doing to create positive change in the life of girls around the world. Amazing to think that in our lifetime, every child can receive a higher quality education. Did I mention she was 25? 



I have been following Humans of New York for a while now and look forward to reading about the people he photographs each day. For the next 50 days, he will be traveling the world (10 countries to be exact) and documenting it all through photographs and stories to promote the Millennium Development Goals. I cannot wait to follow along. 



I've been a long time fan of Emily Giffin's books and her ability to make you fall in love with flawed characters. I enjoyed learning more about how she launched her career and found most of her advice applicable regardless of your profession. I was also excited to hear that Something Blue will be coming to theaters! PS. You may see a familiar face on The Everygirl soon. :) 

So proud to call Clemson my alma mater and it is no surprise that students love Clemson

I also enjoyed this article about a CEO who left his dream job to focus on his family. I found his perspective to be refreshing and inspiring. 

There has been a lot of talk on Ebola everywhere this week. Often times, I am disappointed by the lack of compassion I hear in conversations and surprised by how quickly we all are to make assumptions. I loved reading this letter from the Head Nurse at Emory. It's inspiring how nurses canceled vacations to be part of this team. 

What have you been reading this week? Have a great weekend! Henry and I are off to Charleston! 

xoxo,

Danielle



No comments:

Post a Comment