Friday, September 5, 2014

26 by 26: Trapeze School New York

I've always felt inspired by Mackenzie's 101 in 1001 list. However, I know myself well enough to know that 1001 days is too much for me to plan for so last year before turning 25, I made myself a list of 26 things to do before I turned 26. I'm not going to give myself complete credit and say I accomplished them all (an entire week of recommended servings of fruits and vegetables is NEVER going to happen) but I did do a lot of them and there are still 20 days before I turn 26 so plenty of time for a few last minute adventures. 



One of my favorites from the list was a Flying Trapeze class that I did with one of my best friends, Krista, at the Trapeze School New York. Oddly enough, the whole thing was my idea and I spent a lot of time begging and pleading her to do it with me. Unfortunately, it was a cloudy day in October so you can't tell from the pictures, but this platform I was jumping off of, was high in the sky. Let me paint you a picture. We went to TSNY on their 3rd floor location of the Chelsea Piers. Then, we had to climb this ladder to get to the top to swing and well just imagine looking at 100 story building next to you (ok, that may be an exaggeration.) But seriously, I always forget I am afraid of heights until I put myself in these situations. 

Anyways, after sobbing at the top of the platform realizing the only way down was to jump and kicking and screaming the whole way, I decided to join the circus. You were supposed to work yourself up to a catch by the end of class but it was a huge accomplishment on my 4th attempt when I let go of my hands that I decided I was done for the rest of the class. Go out on a high note right? 

Afterwards, we were on such a high we were like two giddy school girls. Krista and I both immediately called our Moms to tell them how proud we were of ourselves and that their daughters were giving up their careers in recruiting to join the circus! 


My first fly. My face tells it all. 


And this was about all I could do. 


May have taken four tries, but I .... LET IT GO! 


Don't mind me, just flipping off now! 


Krista, the little show off, worked her way up to a full catch! (Insert clapping hands emoji!)

If you're in the area or just feeling crazy on your next trip to NYC, I highly recommend taking a class. I promise the post flying endorphins are worth it! 

xoxo,

Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment