Monday, September 22, 2014

26 by 26: Travel

One of the more ambitious goals for my 26 by 26 list was to take a trip that required a passport. While I thought this would be a well crafted trip consisting of months of planning after reading countless reviews and travel blogs, it ended up being a very spontaneous trip and as absolutely perfect!

One of my dearest friends, Molly, was living in Paris this past year and after many email conversations discussing a potential trip, I booked a flight with less than a month till departure. Not going to lie, I loved the way it sounded telling people I was taking a long weekend in Paris, very Blair Waldorf of me. 


I took the overnight flight on Thursday and arrived in Paris first thing on Friday morning. My version of an American Girl in Paris is never that glamourous. I don't speak the language besides Bonjour (which I mostly know from Beauty and the Beast) and Merci. I knew I had to take a particular bus but the electronic system was all in French and I may or may not have been yelled out for trying to look over someone's should while they entered their credit card information so I could memorize which buttons to push. Long story short, I figured it out and as Molly waited for me at the bus stop, she was told, "Don't worry, you're friend is on the next bus." Guess our friendship is that identifiable! 



Anyways, I made it to Molly and she immediately took me to get a hot dog. This American girl, was happy!


The best hot chocolate I have ever consumed. Seriously, perfection. 


Paris, being beautiful. 


We sent window sopping and played a little dress up in Chanel. 


Picking up our croissants on Saturday morning. If you don't know this about me, croissants are one of my favorite things. Croissants in Paris are even better. 


In the spirit of Fashion Week which was happening in Paris, we went to the Fashion Museum to see an exhibit on Conde Nast. Polka dots will always be timeless. 


We ran in to one of Molly's British friends and she told me I looked "chic" in my white coat. Basically, the best compliment to receive while in Paris and from a British girl. 


We brunched at one of the department stores. The department stores in Paris could be museums they are so beautiful. We felt very "ladies who brunch" at the department store and I would like to formally submit my application for the Real Housewives of Paris, now. 


Just a small part of it. My idea of what heaven looks like. 


Yes, please. 


Navy & Black. Glad to know I have the Paris style down. 


I bet Kate pick's up her fascinator's here. 


Even the street flowers are perfect. 


We went to a Champagne Bar (!!!) and discovered this charming little hallway. Molly takes the best mirror selfies so of course we were down for a little Instagram fun! 


We tried to go to dinner and the food was way too fancy for me and since I had been there for a little over 24 hours, I was very homesick. So what did we get for dinner, cheeseburgers and french fries. 


Chocolate shop that I am pretty sure was older than America (or maybe I made that up.) Either way, it was beautiful. 



Paris has the most beautiful doors. Seriously, obsessed. 
 

Jokes. 


In all honesty, I may move. 


We ended the trip with a picnic by the Eiffle Tower as the sun set and the sparkles came on with champagne. Even with the cold temperatures, it was perfect! 


Caught in the act with my door obsession. 

Such a fun weekend with a sweet friend. I am eager to take a long weekend to London. Anyone want to come with? 

xoxo,

Danielle 

4 comments:

  1. You know I love this post :) we fit so many fun things in! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a fun trip - Paris is one of my favorite cities!! I'm dying to go to London, too!!

    Hope you'll enter my L'Occitane giveaway: http://withlovefromkat.com/fall-beauty-must-haves-with-loccitane-divine-body-oil-cream-collection/

    xo Kat
    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete