Thursday, September 25, 2014

Turning 26

Twenty Five was my "Golden Year", as I named it since I turned 25 on the 25th! The actual 25th day was incredible which included my mom flying in to Charlotte to surprise me at work, surprise dinner with all of my Charlotte friends, and a full day of celebrations.

The year turned out out to be even better. I took trips to New York, Paris, Boston, Chicago, Napa, Charleston, Seaside, many to Atlanta, and even a few home to Florida. I stood beside three of my dearest friends as they said "I do" and celebrated with 3 others as they committed their lives to each other. I bought a car. I ran a half marathon. I launched my own College Advising Program and have been overwhelmed with the support from my family, friends, and the community. I started eating better (thanks Holly) and finally have a fitness routine that I am happy with. I dyed my hair for the first time and started my lipstick collection. And lastly, I started this blog in my own little corner of the internet.


I've grown so much over the past year and while it can be a roller coaster of emotions sometimes, I am truly happy with where I am as a turn twenty-six today. Yes, there are days where I still feel behind some of my friends on life's major moments but instead of having fear or anxiety, I am turning it into hope and excitement for the future. There is so much more that I hope to accomplish and I know that I am only getting started.


Thank you to everyone for following along these past few months as I have started this blog and heres to more years together! I hope the day is filled with lots of birthday cake and champagne!

Cheers to 26!

xoxo,

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment