Monday, October 13, 2014

Apple Picking

This past weekend, I took my first trip to the apple orchard. Growing up in Florida, I didn't come by too many apple trees or opportunities for picking. Definitely more orange trees (not that I've ever picked oranges.) My friend Emily and I went up to Carrigan Farms (about an hour north of Charlotte) to pick our apples this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun it was and of course was overwhelmed with all of the apple decisions. I had a small bag to fill and wanted to carefully select each apple. No bad apples in my bag. I came home with more than ten apples and since we all know I won't eat that many apples, I plan to bake a pie! 






Although we were craving fall in Charlotte, it was still 80+ degrees for our apple adventure. 

xoxo,

Danielle




No comments:

Post a Comment