Friday, October 3, 2014

Tiny Moments

This past week, a friend sent me this post by Maxie and while it took me a few days to open it from my overflowing inbox, I have been back to read it several times since.

I'm not like Maxie in that I am in futuristic, but I too don't take time to appreciate the "tiny moments." I am so routined and scheduled that often times, I look at things as only another item on my to do list for that day.

I live for my routine. My routine that I can press snooze once so I can browse Instagram, Facebook, SnapChat, and scroll through Bloglovin all before actually having to get out of bed. My routine that I walk Henry up the same street every single morning and watch the news as I get ready and have to leave my house before 7:28 each day. I have to listen to NPR on the way to work and set up my desk a particular order once I am there. I always have some type of commitment after work and its routine that I go and come home. At night, the same routine and if I have not brushed my teeth, flossed, laid out my outfit, and packed my bags for the next day by 9:30 ... que the anxiety.

As of this week, my routine has been all off. Henry is requiring even more attention than normal and staying on top of his new medication schedule is complicated. There was one day this week where I even came straight home after work. Something I hadn't done in months.

As I sat on the floor tonight having Henry eat his liver food out of my hand since he has decided that he no longer likes it, I realized that I was living in one of those tiny moments. Our lives are full of so many of them. The tiny moments when I talk to the neighbors on the street outside of my apartment because I have been walking Henry there for over a year and I know them each by name and they know us (well Henry.) Those tiny moments when the kids in Faith Formation sing a song about Guardian Angels that you found on YouTube because you forgot materials for class, and then they prance around the room singing the song about angels which is more fun than what you planned anyways. The tiny moments in your fitness class when you are really exhausted but you push yourself to do that extra push up. Those tiny moments when you dance around the office singing Shake It Off because a co-worker needed a pick me up.

Life is full of these tiny moments and I definitely need to enjoy them more, in the moments.

Hope everyone has a weekend full of tiny moments!

xoxo,

Danielle

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! It's easy to fall into a routine but it's nice to cherish those tiny moments we have everyday.

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete