Thursday, November 27, 2014

Gratitude

Thanksgiving may possibly be my favorite holiday. In my family, it has always been less chaotic than the other holidays and one where we simply slow down and enjoy our time together. All of the eating may be another reason why I love this holiday. (I may or may not have had seven desserts on my plate at our Thanksgiving lunch today.) I love checking social media and seeing all that everyone is thankful for. Family. Friends. God. Pets. Turkey. Babies. Husbands. Pie. Wine. Coffee. Turkey Trots. America. Travels. Careers. Football. Naps. Its a day full of positivity.

I love gratitude. You know, the kind you can just feel in your heart and you're just overwhelmed with that feeling of fortune? Giving and receiving gratitude is indispensable to living a happy life. It's more than just a holiday once a year. Sometimes, when the world seems to pause around me, I stop and look around and am in disbelief that this is my life. That feeling in my heart, the one of a giddy school girl, comes to me and I am reminded of just how much I have to be grateful for.

Life certainly is not perfect, no matter how much I chase perfection. But even with the hiccups, disappointments, and challenges along the way, there is still so much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone! I don't even know how to begin to put together a list of all that I am thankful for this year so I am simply going to say everything.


Henry is so grateful, he can't stop cheesin. 

xoxo,

Danielle

2 comments:

  1. i'm in love with this! great post x happy thanksgiving!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet girl! I did check out your blog, adorable! I love it. :) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

      Delete