Monday, December 22, 2014

14 Best Moments of 2014

2014 was a good year! While there were many exciting moments, I thought I would take this opportunity to share my favorite 14 moments from 2014. Cheers!

1. Had a $100,000 Month
In January, I had my first $100,000 month with Search Solution Group which means I brought in over $100,000 to the company through placement fees. Pretty exciting moment professionally for me!


2. Visited Paris
In February, I took a spontaneous trip to Paris to visit a friend. By spontaneous, I meant less than a month of planning but it was well worth the lack of planning. I had been to Paris in high school but it was the last stop of a three week trip and I took a nap in The Louvre and spent way too much time in Louis Vuitton. This trip was all about spending time with my friend and seeing life the way Parisians do.


3. Ran the NYC Half Marathon
Ok, I am not entirely sure this one should make the "best moments" list but stopping traffic in Times Square for a half marathon with my mom was pretty exciting!


4. Bought My First Car
This is one I had been longing to do for years but finally worked up the courage to  make the investment this past April.



5. Launched Elle Paige & Henry 
I had been debating this one for quite some time but this past June, I did it and launched my own blog! I've loved connecting with readers along the way and have made some new friends in the process. So far this year, I've hosted two giveaways and done a bit of guest blogging. I've been loving it so far and can't wait to see what lies ahead for my little corner of the internet. While I have remained humble, the fame has gone to Henry's head a bit.


6. Celebrated Weddings
This year, I was lucky enough to celebrate with four friends as they said "I Do!"




7. Visited Chicago 
I was in town for a wedding in June but I was able to spend time touring Chicago with my sweet friend, Lauren. If I didn't know about the winters, I would consider Chicago a great place to call home!



8. Met Holly & Geoff
In June, I decided to take control of my health and fitness and enlisted the help of these two animals.



9. Visited Napa
Another trip planned for a wedding, but I fell in love with Napa over Labor Day weekend. I really think this place was made for me. Unlimited wine. Trilling. Delicious Food. Beautiful weather.



10. Charleston Trips
I took a quick weekend trip down to Charleston in August to see my friend Lauren and then I went on another longer trip with Search Solution Group in September. Despite living three hours away, I've only been to Charleston three times.



11. Momofuku Birthday Cake
My office surprised me with a Momofuku Birthday Cake for my 26th Birthday.



12. Forbes Under 30 Summit
I was invited to attend the inaugural Forbes Under 30 Summit in Philadelphia in October which included a Rocky Run through the city in addition to food festivals, music, and panel discussions from some of the most inspiring people in our generation.



13. Ivy Tour Trip With Ana
I've been on many college tours this year with my girls and they have all been fun, but I really enjoyed this one with Ana to tour Harvard, Brown, and Yale. As exciting as it was for her, it was equally as exciting for me to experience this opportunity with her.



14. The Everygirl
I may have saved the best for last, but as a long time reader of The Everygirl, having my Career Profile featured on their was the highlight of my year!



Oh what a year! It seems the older I get, the more quickly time passes. Yes, these major moments of 2014 made this year stand out but there were so many other tiny moments that I am just as equally grateful for.

Cheers to lovely 2014 and even better 2015!

xoxo,

Danielle

PS. I know it may be a bit early for the 2014 recap posts, but since I will be traveling next week, I thought I would share now!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! so many good things! i love all of the trips you've taken and i can't believe i missed the momofuku bday cake. how good was that!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, so many trips that were all lovely! I've been a long time fan of Momofuku so I was thrilled they had it shipped for my birthday. It was very difficult to share!

      Delete