Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Beauty Talk: Skin Care

I don't really consider myself a beauty expert. I remember in high school, my mom got me this book by a beauty editor and after reading, highlighting, and taking notes in the margins, I then went to CVS for a few hours of reading every single active and inactive ingredient until I developed my own skincare regime for myself. My dermatologist loves Cetaphil, which I used for a while and loved, however it didn't do the best job of removing all of my make up and I found myself having to wash my face multiple times. I also tried Neutrogena but it was a bit too aggressive for daily usage. While I've certainly tried my fair share of beauty products, its difficult to think of myself as knowledgeable because I really only know what works for me. That being said, some of the products I know love, I discovered through reading blogs so I thought I would share what works for me. I also have an odd quirk where I like to use consistent brands for my skincare so I am happy to share my favorite Kiehls and Aveeno products. 


Face. I use the Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash both morning and night. It does a great job of removing my make up while remaining gentle enough for twice daily usage. On even numbered dates, I use my Clarisonic Mia at night for a little deeper cleansing. Once a week, or if I am feeling a little blah with blemishes, I use the Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser. I use the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion year round morning and night but in the winter I switch to the Ultra Facial Cream in the winter nights. With the cooler weather and excessive use of heat, my skin dries out really quickly. My eyes are always problematic. They are dry year round and if I don't get a full eight hours of sleep, they are extra dry and flaky in the mornings. I was so happy to try the Creamy Under Eye Treatment with Avocado which has worked wonders. It's not oily either so its great for both day and night usage. Lastly, I am not the biggest fan of make up. The idea of daily usage sounds exhausting and I much prefer the extra minutes of sleep. I initially read about BB Cream on Carly's blog and I have since become obsessed. It's tinted so it gives the appearance of make up and has SPF 50. A little BB Cream + mascara and I am usually all set. 



Body. I've been using the same body products since high school and I cannot recommend Aveeno enough. I use the Daily Moisturizing Body Wash and Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion year round. I don't like scented bath products, my skin is too sensitive, so I like Aveeno because it keeps my skin beautiful without the frilly scents. During the winter, again my skin turns to ash, I use the Skin Relief Repair Cream

Ok. What do you use? Any recommendations? Not that I am looking to alter my routine but I am always interested in new products.

xoxo,

Danielle


4 comments:

  1. All skin types will benefit from our moisturizers because they contain the types of ingredients research has shown help your skin look healthier and younger. At this links https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECMZh0q7HVw you can find more information!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and I noticed some useful tips from this post. Thanks for sharing for cosmetics accessories etc.
    Beauty Treatment in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercising also helps in contributing a healthy looking skin. Apart form having water in proper quantities and exercising; Beauty makeup tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avoiding exposure to dust and other pollutants is also important for sensitive skin care. So, cover yourself adequately before going out. Non comedogenic body moisturizer

    ReplyDelete