Monday, February 2, 2015

Haters Gonna Hate


I've been in a bit of a funk recently where I've felt discouraged by things I've heard people saying or discussing about me when I'm not around. Personally, I am not much of a gossiper. Theres not much that I would say about you that I wouldn't say to your face. While this isn't always my best quality (sometimes, people don't like to hear that you don't like their outfit, language, tattoo, hair, professionalism, etc.) I do appreciate that I have enough confidence in myself to articulate how I am feeling to someone. Not matter how uncomfortable it may be, if I have an issue with someone, am upset by something they said, or disappointed in their behavior, I am going to let them know. Thankfully, I have gotten better about waiting a few days to address an issue as opposed to confronting things head on when I may be a bit more heated. 

Unfortunately, not everyone feels comfortable addressing problems and so when they have issues they turn to gossip. I try not to let things bother me but the last few weeks, I have really let a few things get me down. Mid last week, when I was feeling particularly low, I was reminded by something my mom always told me growing up. "If they are talking about you, they are leaving someone else alone." I know I was raised to be confident enough to not let what others say about me bring me down. I know I have this strength and this reminder was just what I needed to bring me out of my funk. As Taylor Swift likes to sing, "haters gonna hate" and I am just going to let them do it. Hate on me all you want. It just means you are leaving someone else alone and I am more than capable of handling it!

xoxo,

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment