Monday, March 23, 2015

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad


It's hard for me to believe that this picture took place nineteen years ago. (When did I get that old?) I remember this day all too well. From the limo driver taking me through the Burger King drive through to get a kid's meal, to tearing up up own beautiful bouquet as I walked down the isle, to watching you dance your first dance, and eating way too many meatballs at the reception. 

You two have been the most selfless parents and I am so blessed that I am able to call you mine. With a little bit of spoiling along the way, you have shaped me into the young woman I am today. You let me fail even when I didn't want to. You built up my confidence far beyond what you had to. You selflessly gave me more than everything I could ever need, and I was probably not always the most gracious in my acceptance, but you loved me nonetheless. 

Aside from loving me, you loved each other. Thank you for being such an exemplary couple for me to admire. Your love for each other radiates to anyone who knows you two. You support and challenge each other in so many ways that I hope to one day find the one who I can share a similar relationship with.  

When you two said "I Do" you were twenty six, the age I am now, and had a seven year old. I don't know how you did it. Love you two more than you can possibly imagine. Thank you for being the two best role models a girl cold ask for and my biggest fans.

Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more! 

Love,

Your Baby Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment